Wednesday, March 18, 2009

National History Day


So I spent a little of my Saturday at Decorah Middle School checking out the regional history day. I thought it was really interesting since my school never did anything like this, I thought maybe it was just an Iowa thing but looking online and through the booklet I got while I was there I found out it's a nationally link event. I thought it was really great that so many middle schoolers work as individuals and also as groups in order to produce such great work. There were so many different sorts of projects these kids did, ranging from huge tri folds to historical papers and websites. Many of these students incorporated technology in their projects which I thought was awesome, they had some really great ideas. The theme this year was 'The Individual In History', many students chose people like Elvis and Henry Ford and others found people a little less glorified that many people may have never heard. No matter who they chose I think everyone did really great at portraying their individual and their accomplishment that made them an individual in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment