Sunday, April 26, 2009

High Stakes Community Schools


Monday in Class Dr. Lanholz had Dr. Knick come to class to join us as we preformed a mock meeting. Earlier in the day during class we were all assigned a role in society. We were all given a mock proposal which outlined what the superintendent planned to implement into the school district. In our groups we had to take a stance on the different scenarios and be able to voice our opinions. When we came to class it was really interesting how different roles spoke up on the issues. I was part of the drop out prevention coordinators and I felt the plan would only hinder the students attitudes on school. I felt like some of my peers didnt really understand their roles because there was much more that could have been said that wasn't, but then again I felt overall it was a great discussion.

I think everyone really got into it, and I was talking with a few people about how funny it was how into it people got. It was then that I realized it's a good thing, if we as future educators were not upset over such situations then that is when there should be worry... We as future educators need to be able to see when something is wrong and know when to speak out and voice our opinion. I think for this reason it was a great situation to have been put into.

This situation helped to see what a real issue could look like if it were to arise, it just a few short years most of us will be out in the schools and we need support like this to help us see that speaking up is important. Nothing with change if we all just follow other peoples lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment